Internet has increased the visibility and transparency of businesses. Online reviews are a pivotal part of this network and are massively attracting great attention both, from the consumers and businesses. With great power comes great responsibility. Similarly, as Internet gives widespread reach to brands, it also requires attentive maintenance of the information available on it at the same time. Reviews today play an important role in making and breaking brands on the online platforms. They need to be revised regularly to help you avoid being controlled by them.
The number of review platforms has also increased with people’s increasing interest in reviews. They help in either choosing the right brand as a consumer or to make business association. Reviews are here to stay and act as social proof to reflect the position of a brand in the industry. Reviews are user feedbacks where they talk about their experience with a product or a brand.
As a matter of fact, people who search for a brand online are sure to come across its reviews. To ensure that these visitors convert into customers, and users of your products; online reputation management measures need to be implemented. Negative reviews put off potential customers. Anyone who comes across negative reviews will avoid considering the brand name.
Negative feedbacks tend to have a ripple effect. They fend off people from coming to your brand, buying your product, or recommending it to anyone. Not everyone is knows ORM techniques which makes them unaware of what to do with these reviews to manage them.
- Reviews Don’t Require Approval: Social media profiles and reviews don’t require approval. Business profiles can be created by anyone on your behalf using the check-ins made. Track any such profile hosting reviews on your behalf and take necessary action. Don’t let a random profile manhandle your brand’s reputation.
- Positive Reviews Boost Credibility: Nobody visits websites having barely one or two star rating. Positive reviews and star rating between 4 to 5 stars increase the click-through rate. These factors increase the foot traffic and business credibility.
- Reviews are Crucial to Reputation: Studies confirm that:
- 84% people consider online reviews as reliable as personal recommendations
- 74% users state positive reviews are a reason for them to trust a local business
The statistics verify that reviews are powerful and have an increasing role in the organization’s reputation.
The pace at which social media is growing and the time that is required for managing it, makes online reputation vulnerable to damage. A brand’s reputation is earned with hard work and you cannot afford to lose it at any cost. Reviews are important for your business and reflect its success rate. By giving it required amount of attention you can help push it in the right direction. The results will then show how important it is to maintain user feedbacks every day.